Welcome to the 2017 Competition!
We are excited to host the third global Ideas for Action Competition. Every year, students and young professionals from around the world participate to design ideas for financing and implementing the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. Winners of the competition will present their ideas during the IMF & World Bank Annual Meetings, receive support from a dedicated startup accelerator at the Wharton School, and benefit from unique networking opportunities with other young leaders as well as some of the most senior decision-makers in international development, academia, and the private sector.
— Your Proposal —
Your proposal should include the following:
- Title and team name
- Short abstract
- Explanation of the problem and context: Briefly describe the problem that your proposal is addressing.
- Your solution: Succinctly describe your idea (including design, target population, stakeholders, incentives, and implementation)
- Expected impact: Why is it relevant?
- Are there similar examples? If so, where and how?
- Challenges: What are challenges you might face and how can they be addressed?
— Timeline —
- Deadline for full proposal submissions: February 28, 2017
- Announcement of submissions selected for the final round: March 21, 2017
- Deadline for final submissions: April 17, 2017
- Announcement of winners: May 31, 2017
— Registration and Submission —
Eligibility: Students and young professionals between the ages of 14-18 years and 18-35 years from around the world are invited participate.
Team Registration: Teams must consist of two to six members and may be formed across different schools, institutions, companies, countries, nationalities etc. Please register your teams prior to submitting your proposal. You will then receive all relevant updates regarding the competition and our upcoming events.
Submission: Proposals must be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format using the SurveyMonkey link above.